Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back to the Studio...

As of tonight, the studio is approximately 80% cleaned! And do I ever feel it! Most of the day was spent washing the slatwall and walls down --- up and down off the ladder. I re-arranged several of the slatwall shelving once I was out of the office area. Leaving a large gap in the middle, I stair-stepped them on both sides for displaying some of my artwork.

Afterwards, I began grouping like supplies together for organizing further. The re-organization will take me the longest. I, also, made a list of items that I would need to assist with that and to complete the final touches. I was so happy when I went through my bookbinding cabinet to be able to cross four 3/4" dowel rods off that list as I was desiring to cut them to the needed length for adding another six drawers from an Iris cart into my stamp cabinet. Using my handy miter box, I managed to get them cut. Tomorrow they will be installed within the cabinet.

I am also hopeful to get the frames for my new pictures sanded and ready to be painted. I came across a variety of wooden crates in various sizes that I would love to paint and/or stain, along with another wooden tray --- similar to one I decoupage using vintage style scrapbook papers a few years ago. Those have been placed in near my new center island for working on as time allows. All in all, it was a great day! I got a lot accomplished! I promise to grab my camera, first thing in the morning, charge the batteries and snap some photographs. I think you'll be amazed at the transformation. I know I growing with anticipation of finally being done!!! {smiles}

No comments: