Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Good News! Bad News! Really Good News!!!

What a post title, huh? ROFLOL! But that is how my day went... well sort of! I managed to get myself into the "doghouse" today! {I hear my sister --- "what did you do now?"} So, let me explain...

Earlier today, I was cleaning up the kitchen after fixing Don and I a light lunch. So, here I was searching through drawers for my kitchen scrubber before finally giving up and continuing to clean my microwave without it. Mumbling under my breathe about how much easier this job would be if I had it, I didn't realize that Don could hear me. OOPS! {Any other time it would be "Huh? What? You talking to me?} Anyways, Don reaches into the drawer that I just looked into, pulls out the scrubber from between two dishcloths and hands it to me. He glared at me saying, "You ought to be more observant." I was like, "No way! He did not just say that to me!" Well, my sis can attest to the fact that I can often engage my mouth before my brain, so I retorted with, "You ought to be more observant! I usually put in the drawer up from that." Needless to say, Don stomped out of the room --- if he was a girl, I know I'd have gotten "that look" complete with the hair flip before he turned to leave, LOL! Anyways, I am now cleaning the microwave with a vengeance, scrubbing the remnants of reheated vegetable soup like it is the scum of the earth. Thinking to myself {since I now know better than to mumble anything else!}, I wonder why he thinks it is okay to talk to me that way but don't I dare repeat it in the same tone of voice back to him? Then, I find myself off on a tangent of intruding thoughts about men in general and their double standards. Why is it that they think they can just blurt out anything to a woman like they do their buddies? Don't they realize our feelings are a bit more tender? Well, mine are, sometimes, and this was one of those times! So, after scrubbing the microwave, I'm feeling better, ready to put this all behind me when I almost screwed up again by laughing out loud when I though to myself, "what the hell did I expect coming from a man who cannot figure out how to turn off the timer on the stove?" Trust me, I never said another word, especially that little phrase out loud!

Afterwards, I turn into the sweetest girl on all of the earth. I need his help searching for my camera. Huhhuh? Yep, so I'm pouring on the compliments before requesting his assistance. So, now he is helping me looking for my camera. I retrace all the steps that I took with it on Monday; from unhooking it from the USB cable on my computer to handing it to my dad. What I don't remember is him handing it back to me. So, I get to wondering if while him and Don were conversing and I was attending to stirring my vegetable soup and hollering at the darn dog to stop his whining if maybe my dad just slipped it in his pocket. Now, mind you, I really didn't think that happened, but at this point, I know cameras just don't evaporate into thin air. So, I telephone my dad and I ask him about it. LOL! He doesn't even remember me handing it to him!!! Can you believe it? So, now I start second guessing myself. I did hand it to him to show him a recent picture of Alexxis, right??? Well, of course I did; Don remembers it, too. But neither one of us remember the camera's existence anytime thereafter. So, we search for it. and search some more. Now, I'm upset... and being a girl, I'm almost ready to cry from frustration. {What the hell was I thinking handing my camera over to a man in the first place???!!} We re-trace our day verbally... after Dad left, we had lunch, I escaped to the studio while Don took a nap. Guess who was let out of his crate??? Yep, yours truly = Chaos!

Then, I remember that I did find a camera battery on the living room floor after I came in to retrieve it but thought that it was one I picked up out of the studio. So, Don and I decide to move the love seat out and check under it. Cool!!! There is the other telephone handset and my calculator along with Chaos' dog toys that has been missing for a few days. Next, we're lifting up the chair. Under it is Chaos' brush, three damn dog toy bones, his newspaper toy, and MY CAMERA!!!! I'm elated we found it but I have to scold the dog! Showing the camera to Chaos, saying, "NO!" sternly, he lowers his head... Guilty as charged!!!! Looking the camera over, there isn't a scratch on it but the battery compartment is open. I search for batteries, find some, charge them up, and insert them. Turning the camera on, I get a green blinking light and no light in the viewfinder. I sat down and cried.

At this point, Don's looking at me like I have two heads but his compassion rules out. "Oh, honey! It's just a camera!" Me, now turned into a blubbering idiot, says, "You don't understand! It is more than "just a camera". It's an extension of me! How can I share my life and my art and my anything with my online friends without it? I wanted to share my studio curtains, my recently created cards, and tags, and boxes." Now, he gets it!!! Really gets it!!! He starts off by saying, "Honey, you're always telling me that we need to start saving some money. So, I have been." {{{What??? He actually listens to me???}}} "If you want to get dressed {Yes! its almost 5 p.m. and I'm still in my jammies!} we'll run over to Best Buy and get you one! and Hey! why don't you call and see if your recliner is in? We'll pick it up while we're over there." {{{Huh? Is this the same man who spoke to me earlier today? I'm really confused now!}}} Anyways, not needing to hear another word, I pick up the cell, call out of town, and inquire about the recliner. It's IN!!! It's IN!!! You close at 7 p.m.? What time is it?" Don answers, "6 o'clock" Never mind that it is a 45-55 minute drive..."We'll be there!" I reply. I'm dressed and in the truck within 15 minutes, LOL!

Needless to say, I now am the proud owner of a new studio recliner and a new digital camera!!! I had to install the old software and install the new software, set up the camera, and tomorrow I intend to start learning and capturing the photographs I promised. I want to show you my curtains that I finished sewing and hung on the bookbinding cabinet, the new artwork consisting of two cards, tags, and boxes and maybe even the "surprise" that will going inside of them. I want to show you my drawers! LOL! {Pam would understand!!!} And maybe even a photograph or two of the men in life, Don and Chaos!!! Boy, are you ever in for some treats!!!! {SMILES}

No comments: