Friday, January 19, 2007

It is finally coming together!

I have some sorting, purging, organizing left to do but to date I am so very satisfied with the progress that I am making. In just a few days it will be three weeks that I have dedicated towards working to create the studio of my dreams.

Over the course of the ten years that I have now been creating within the Paper/Book/ and Mixed Media Arts, I've learned several things: that things evolve! Supplies grow, storage options are outgrown, tastes change, interests change... I have learned a lot in that amount of time and I am looking forward to incorporating the skills, the knowledge, and the techniques that I have learned into my artwork. I'm certain that there is more on the horizon.... but for now, I am simply grateful that I have been blessed with so much! Now to start living up to it! This reminds of that old saying, "To whom much is given, much is expected." or something of that nature. It feels good to be in control, to be responsible, and to take care of what I've acquired.

I'm looking forward, with anticipation, as soon I will be working again, creating the artwork that I so love. To sort of celebrate, I recently signed up for a few small swaps. One is a "Surprise in a Box" sort of a spin off of my altered matchboxes that I created at Christmas. I have two to create for some very dear to my heart online friends. Another is more of Mixed Media collage style artwork swap, in which I will be experimenting with a fun Gothic style arch shape. For this one I will be created four of them and am looking forward to digging through some of my own ephermera for photographs to have copied to design with --- now that I can find them!

I am hopeful that I will maintain the balance that I've recently established. Be able to share my artwork, create for myself and others, will fulfilling some of my own dreams in the process. One of those is to create more item to sale locally. Wish me luck with that endeavor! I'll let you know how that goes when it happens.

2 comments:

liannallama said...

Cathy--you are making some amazing progress! Your studio is stunning! I love the little artistic and decorative touches you have added!

Cathy said...

Thank you, sweetie! It continues to be a work in process organizing, however, that will be finished soon!