Monday, January 22, 2007

Studio update and various thoughts...

Don and I made it to Lowe's yesterday to purchase the majority of the supplies needed to finish up my studio. Sometime today, I am hoping he will assist me with cutting two 1x4x10's to length for trimming the base of the center island and adding the cove base to it. We will need to create a notch in one board the runs along the front, just enough to run the extension cord through for the showcase lighting. I did pick up another extension cord and the duct tape I needed to do this.

I was unable to find glass shelving except in bathroom fixtures and unfortunately, those aren't the width I desire. I may have to resort to desiging my own using shelf brackets and having the glass cut to size; although I was prefering a safer edge to avoid getting cut. Using plexi-glass may even be an option. I believe I'll look around for awhile before making any decisions, you never know when you may stumble across something that will work better than you expected.

I, also, purchased the cafe style curtain rods for covering my bookbinding table, but didn't make it to JoAnn's to purchase fabric. I figured I have spent enough recently and it would be awhile before I could actually focus on sewing them up, so I'm waiting to purchase it. I really have no clue what type or style of fabric to use! I guess I'll just have to wing that one, wait for JoAnn's to put their home decor fabrics back on sale for 50% {I just missed the one this previous week...} and look then. We will probably make a trip to Polaris as the JoAnn's there offers a lot more selection than our local store does. Maybe I'll be able to find something nice on clearance.

I cannot get over the fact that it's the 22nd already! This month has flown by... I need to start focusing on creating my trinket and treasures for the Matchbox style swap soon. I am a bit stumped on what to create for putting inside the boxes, although several ideas are beginning to flow. So, I'll be focusing my attention on that swap while I wait for the verdict on the Gothic Arch swap regarding the template size.

I also need to get back to creating Birthday, Thank you's, and Thinking of You cards soon. It would be nice to get another three months created; that would get through to July.

One thing that I have discovered while cleaning, purging, sorting, and organizing the studio is that I have supplies for projects on hand! Probably more than I will have time to create, LOL! I believe before I do start anything new, other than these two swaps I've currently got going, I'll tackle some of the staining and painting of the crates, boxes, and trays that I set aside for organing and get my stamp cabinet re-organized. It is a complete disaster! These things should keep me occupied and out of trouble for the next several weeks! {wink}

In the evening, I turned my attention to cleaning our home! For the most part, we've managed somehow to keep up with it all. With Don's help, of course. Anyways, I knocked out the kitchen and bath, while Don finished a load of laundry I started and vacuamed for me. What a man!

No comments: