Friday, January 12, 2007

Taking a "short" break...

to sit, relax, have a cuppa of coffee...Per Daria's request, LOL, I took some additional photographs when I entered the studio this morning. You will soon be able to see the "stacks and piles" of supplies that I am currently dealing with. I needed to set up a table for a temporary work space so I would not be using the tops of the cabinets and I could keep them accessible should my dad shows up to begin cutting them down.

Anyways, I had to finagle some items around just to get into the office area of my studio to begin working. I cleared everything out of the bottom of my workbench cabinet that runs the majority of the length of the west wall. Then, I was able to remove the troublesome shelf that has been falling on and off over the course of the last several years. In its place, I am using slatwall shelving brackets and the extra shelves that I have.

Next, I even sat down and sketched out a diagram of the workbench cabinetry, so I could dedicate certain areas along the wall for certain purposes. My office area within the range of the computer and bookcases in the front of it, another area for additional storage to be determined yet, and the opposite end is where more of my scrapbook supplies are stored --- 8 1/2" x 11 papers, albums, page protectors, Sizzix and alphabets, ect.

Once I had established the desired number of doors that will form my boundaries for each area, I started working on the office area. That is where I am continuing to focus my attention at the present time. Unfortunatley, when you are dealing with one area that functions multi-purposely, it is an on-going process! I am certain I will run across some office supplies in various spaces throughout the room; however, I am making progress.

I, also, received some great news a little bit ago. I will be getting a point of sale program installed into my studio computer! This will allow me to inventory all my "for sale/retail" items, set price codes, price each item, and inventory as it is sold!!!! I will also be able to keep a separate inventory of the artwork that I've been creating and selling locally and/or online should I ever decide in the future to venture into that area. Another possiblity is even setting up at local and not so local craft circuits. However, for now, I've one thing that needs my attention before any of the this to take place --- getting organized! I suppose that means my break is over! LOL! Back to work with a bigger incentive to do it right the first time!!!! {*smiles*}

No comments: