Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today is the day...

I get back to the studio cleaning and re-organization...but first a catch up of my last several busy days.

On Tuesday, I watched Alexxis. Spent the entire day from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. with her. When she first arrived, I had a battle on my hands re-establishing "personal space" between Alexxis and Chaos. Chaos instantly becomes a gentle giant every time "the baby" arrives. At first, it is fun to watch him as he sniffes and pokes his nose towards her attempting to smell every part and crevice of her... for all of about 30 seconds. As you have Alexxis who reaches and attempts to grab, claw, bite, and crawl over Chaos. It takes constant monitoring of both of them for awhile until those bounderies are established and respect is gained for one another's space. After that Chaos is the "hall monitor" content with laying nearby, ready to fetch a fallen toy at a moments notice and to investigate any strange and unusual noises coming from the baby. That is until a squeal of delight startles him, LOL! Having a bit too much excitement for Grandma to handle, Chaos soon gets banned to the tree outside for a while.

Afterwards, it is fair game exploring Grammies house and everything goes! From crawling under endstands to venturing off into adjoining rooms alone. It is fun to watch Alexxis' face as she begins to recognize her surroundings once again. I swear, she can crawl at the speed of light, maneuvering around and up on everything! As we settle in for the day filled with eating, diapering, playing, snuggling, and napping, life is good! However, it doesn't take me long to realize that Alexxis is suffering from "an identity crisis" not her own but what to call me. A constant reminder that I am "Grandma" not "Mommy" is rewarded at the end of the day by "Gee-ma!" She is too sweet!!!

Yesterday, I received a telephone call from my dad informing he won't be making it over today to sand down and smooth the top of a piece of slatwall that we used to cap off one end of my cabinet as he needs a tool from my brother. So we decide to head to Mansfield for the day. A trip into Michael's, where I was good, picking up only a few item not on my list. I stocked up on 15/$1 foam brushes, 4 pkgs. of 250 count adhesive squares, and my on-a-whim purchase of A 12x12 Iris paper organizer. I have a feeling I will soon wish that I had grabbed a few more of those. Oh well, there maybe a next time... From there we ventured into Gabriel Brothers, in search of a few things, socks for Alexxis, and a rug for my studio. We found both, although I didn't purchase the rug as I was uncertain of the color. Once home again for the night, I wished I would have. A small lunch/dinner at Fazioli's. On the way home, we stopped and visited with Sheila and Dennis for a few hours.

Arriving home, Don tends to Chaos's needs as I settle in for the night, when the telephone rings. Answering it, I hear Don saying, "Your dad was here!" meaning he somehow managed to get the sander from my brother and has sanded off the necessary section of slatwall!" Yeah! So, shortly the cleaning spree begins....

No comments: