Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Today was spend running errands and resting. While I was out, I received a message that my new recliner may not be in until January 31. It would be easy to feel a bit let down, but on the brighter side, I'm thinking that may provide me with just enough time to complete the cleaning and finish the remaining organization. At least it won't be in my way while I am working to finish up! {smiles... one less thing to consider...}

I went to bed early this evening, actually falling asleep around 9 p.m. while I was watching TV in my bedroom. I woke an hour or so ago, wide awake. My mind instantly began reeling with what has yet to be done. I'll have Alexxis with me part of the day tomorrow so I could just take an additional day before starting in again. Either way, I'll need to start by cleaning. There is sawdust everywhere, although Don did use the shop vac to vacuam up most of the floor. I'm thinking another 8 hours spent in there will make a entire world of difference. By then, I should have something accomplished so I can post some new photographs --- perhaps of the center island?

I really believe that I am going to find that area so useful! The height is perfect for standing and working at; while a bar stool could always be added later, if I desire one. The showcase countertop is wide enough for an adequate work surface, while the other cabinet is going to provide me with a lot storage for tools and supplies that are used frequently.

The thoughts and ideas for the space are begin to flow, regarding what and where I will use and store there. I thinking a piece of vinyl shelf lining for use under my rotary trimmer and it could basically stay right there on the showcase counter. That would provide me with nice cutting and pasting surface to work upon.

There are two cubbies in the other cabinet that could be utilized for storing the rotary trimmer, when it's not in use. The other could be a great spot for mailing supplies for swaps and things. I did put the shelf in the cabinet before we moved the two together forming the "L' shape. I'm hoping my 3 drawer organizers holding adhesives will fit without requiring any adjustments. I'm thinking I should have measured them, LOL! Oh well... a little late for that now.

I did start creating a list of some of the supplies that I'd like a bit more of and those that should be replaced soon... adhesives, foam brushes, paintbrushes, ect. I may be able to catch some of them on sale.

When my mind isn't on the organizing, it is filled with decorating ideas! Things I'd like to create, some I'd like to replace... like the piece of indoor/outdoor carpeting. I think I'd prefer a nice tweed or some textured rug; some nice fabric to create some curtains for the bookbinding table. But for now, those will have to wait. I am definately getting the horse before the cart again, LOL! Although, it is nice to think things through just a bit. {wink}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see more pictures. This is fun. You do all the work, and I get to peek. Daria

Cathy said...

LOL! Daria... there will be photographs soon, I promise ;