Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Playing with Blogger Beta template...

Some things I am happy about... Did you notice my header now extends fully across the page? I ventured into my template found the html code for it and changed the width from 600 to 700. I really figured that I have to experiment with the size, however I got lucky on the first try!

I added a picture of me to my sidebar, extended a welcome and introduction to new and returning visitors. What I didn't like... is that I cannot center the text. I did try to insert extra spaces using the space bar to no avail. Oh well, maybe blogger will visit its blogger's blog and see these posts or we can email them and tell them what features we'd like to see improved upon. You can't have everything, I suppose. But that doesn't stop us from wanting it, LOL!

Some things I lost along the way: The much love script style font that Todd Dominey originally used when he designed the Scribe template. I have a back up of my blog though so with a few edits to the html in the template and all will be as right as rain once again, with some time and patience. I would however love to customize some of my own sidebar sub-headers. Does anyone happen to know what the font he used for this template originally is? {I think I may know who to ask... should I discover the answer to that, I'll post that info for anyone else using it.}

Did you notice I also lost my links? Yep. Every last one of them. I will put them back in soon. I've been giving a little more thought to how and what I am desiring to add. Links to some of my favorite places to visit, weblogs of friends, and maybe some informative links for others with similar interests. I have felt that my content there has been a bit boring... not the links themselves... the appearance of them. I have an idea but I am uncertain if it will work, just something that I will have to play around with a bit and see if it will work.

I lost the 2006 and 2007 on the blog archive list by month. I think that can be rectified easily enough.

I added Label titles to my sidebar. It will take some time to go through them, however I am thinking it will be worth the time it will take to make sure that they are accurate and under the best possible one for what few visitor I have to find.

I shortened the post archives. Now when you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see a clickable link that reads "older posts" it will take you the previous page and into the archives in the order they were posted by date and time.

I hope those who visit me will stay tuned and find these changes easier for your reading and viewing pleasure. I am hoping to customize more as time and research allow. Any suggestions, comments, and feedback is greatly appreciately and will be taken into consideration.

5 comments:

liannallama said...

Cathy, to make spaces in HTML, use this without the periods--it stands for non-breakable space. Hopefully that will solve some of your woes. email me if you have more Q's.

&.n.b.s.p;

I can't believe how fantastic your studio is looking! You are putting so much love and thought into every little detail--it really shows. Love La Tour Eiffel--superb!

Hopefully once your studio's perfect you will sign up for some of the swaps I am in so I can get more art treasures from you in the mail! We keep missing each other's swaps!
:>

Anita said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my Valentine's heART give-away. You might have seen on my blog that went to someone else... ;-(( Nevertheless, I hope you'll pass by again very soon!

Cathy said...

Lianne! Thank you so much for visiting with me. I've missed you. And thank you so much for the assistance, I'll try to remember to ask when I need help.. a real challenge for this "do it yourself" girl, LOL! I emailed you to say Thank you for everything and I would so love to do a swap with you sometime again; soon, I promise.

Cathy said...

Anita, Thank you so much for visiting! I was out blog-surfing, jumping links from one to another when I discovered your wonderful blog! I posted a "Congratulations" to Kelli right after I received this comment from you. Discovering your blog and wonderful artwork was what made me a true "winner" in every sense of the word. I'll be back to visit and comment again. Thank you for inspiring me... I love what you do!

Anita said...

Thanks a lot, I just read your last comment on my blog. You are more than welcome! ;-)))