Thursday, February 01, 2007

More photos....

This is a close up shot of the outside and inside of the cards and the box that I created. The box is created from cardstock using an adapted version of a slider box template. I create mine bigger than the template dimensions using the same principles the template provides. The card and the paper gracing the slider box are stamped using an Anna Griffith Hydrangea stamp and embossed using Ranger's Black Detailed embossing powder. After embossing, I colored the images using Lumiere's in a soft pink with gold and a pesto colored green for the leaves. It is truly difficult to capture the shimmer and shine that these possess. On top of the slider box adorned by a paper medallion with a layer of a paper streamer. I'm am often asked what I use to adhere these with and must confess that I learned from trial and error. Originally, I tried photo stickers, then using glue dots. Now, I find it easier to simply heat up my glue gun and add just a dab, adhering and holding the medallions while the glue dries. I use th same technique to adhere them to the slider box.

No comments: