Friday, March 23, 2007

A Crazy Egg....



A friend, Daniel, who is also a published designer has been challenging some members of an online message board to strive outside of their comfort zones. So, while posting my embroidered stamp image, I visit the message board to see he had issued a challenge using an egg template. I love it's design, so I downloaded it, printed it off to fit a 5x7 and this is what I created. The section of the bee is stamped with black acrylic paint and a textile medium and I crazy quilted the rest. The egg is approx. 3 1/2" x 2" --- perfect for hanging on a little tree. I have several more in the works and am giving some thought to how I'll create a tree. I may just spray paint a branch white and drill a hole in a chunk of wood to hang these on. I'd also like to create one just for Alexxis' Easter Basket.

No comments: