Saturday, March 31, 2007

Making time for family and friends...

Don and I will be heading over to Sheila and Dennis here in just a bit. After providing her "a visual laugh for the day" while telling her about "my housecoat excursion", we sat and chatted on the telephone for a half an hour. It seems she's had quite an awful week and her mom has been admitted to Riverside Hospital. Sheila's mom is one of the sweetest, wonderful people you'd ever want to meet, and a recent bout with cancer and chemotherapy has left her blind. She has fortunately been able to stay in her own home with the assistance of family, friends, and a nursing assistant program until Thursday of this week when she awoke feeling breathless. A quick action of utilizing her Home Medic, she was taken to a local hospital before being transferred to Columbus. X-rays taken a few days ago show a mass on her lung, putting pressure upon her esophageous and upper digestive track. Due to the low amount of oxygen in her bloodstream, future tests and a biopsy have been postponed until Monday. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers: the diagnosis and prognosis doesn't look too promising at the moment, and it seems that her cancer may have returned.

My heart goes out to Sheila and I have an sinking feeling in my heart. She has been one of the nicest, most kindest of friends to Don and I. Heck we're just like family. I believe my next crazy quilt project will be a heart for her. I found a couple of quotes that I like: "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you're in my block of friends. ~Author Unknown; Good Friends are like quilts - they age with you yet never lose their warmth. ~Author Unknown; and A family is a patchwork of love. ~Author Unknown" that I think I'll use within its creation. But for today, I think our presence will speak a bit louder than any words could ever say.

No comments: