Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Recent update...

I apologize for the disappearing act... I've just been busy once again. Saturday or Sunday, heck I cannot remember which now, Don and I took a ride over to Kenton. While there I stopped in to WalMart and purchased a yard each of four cotton fabrics and some transfers to play around with. Another stop into K-Mart to search for a replacement burner for our gas grill. We had no success there, but I did purchase a goldfinch thistle feeding sock for our backyard. A final stop into Ace Hardware yeilded us a replacement burner and a few sets of extra keys for our home and autos. After a quick stop for lunch at a Chinese buffet, we headed home once again.

Upon returning home, we had a message from Sheila on our voice mail, so I telephoned her back. It seems her mom took a turn for the worse and began hullicinating from some medication given to her and she required restraints to protect her from hurting herself. Sheila was making the trek to Riverside and since Dennis had to work bright and early the next day, I offered for Don and I to take her down. Shortly afterwards, Sheila and Dennis made their way here and we left shortly afterwards. Upon arriving at the hospital, I went in with Sheila to assist in finding out where her mother's room was and in the process of doing so we ran into her sister, Barbara, who had arrived earlier. So, we made our way up to her room and of course, I had to visit for a bit before leaving to head home. On the way out of there, Don and I got turned around several times before finally seeing some correct signs for making our way back home. What an adventure! Unfortunately, all the time spent riding irritated my upper back and neck once again, so I'm back to resting a bit more. I'm certain all the powerwashing of our deck didn't help much either. So, yesterday I spent my day experimenting with a fabric transfer and stitching a butterfly on cotton fabric. It probably isn't the best fabric for this, but it's working out fairly well. I'm hoping to make a pillow out of it at a later date.

Sheila telephoned late in the afternoon to update me on her mom's condition. It seems that they had done the bronchial scope on Saturday with her mother's permission and it was the anesthetic that caused her to hullicinate. The good news is that there is no signs of her cancer having had returned! She somehow had aspirated some food particles and mucus formed around it --- very similar to what happened to my own mother a year or so ago. I'd been praying for her mother, and for Sheila... she's been through so much with her mom already... it really breaks your heart. The good news is that Sheila's mom remembered me being there, holding her hand, and talking to her about all the IV's and the oxygen lines she had on. With all the confusion from the anestetic, she'd forgotten where she was and what was happening to her. That must have been awful for her... as she is now blind from receiving chemotherapy previously for cancer. I was happy to hear that she found my presence comforting and that she did, in fact remember me being there.

Today, I worked on creating and sending out the CQ for Newbies Squishie Mingle email for the mailing rotation of the mingle. If you've signed up for that, please check your email. I also visited a few of the groups that I participate in... getting caught up with what is going on and where and with whom. It gets a little crazy sometimes, especially with new groups and the recent Yahoo glitch of repeated messages. Anyways, I wanted to update here to let everyone know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth... just busy as usual. I hope to have somethings to share soon. Until then....{*waves*}

No comments: