Saturday, March 31, 2007

Time for some Fun and Laughter....

Isn't it great when you can laugh at yourself? At least now that the "humilation" level has dropped just a bit, I can. I'm almost too embarrassed to admit that I've done this, but knowing it will bring a smile to so many faces, I've decided to share. {LOL!And to my sister, Mary, don't you laugh too hard!}

Earlier today, after updating my blog, I thought I heard something out back on our rear deck. Deciding to investigate, I ventured just a little too far out onto the deck, when I heard the door gently shut behind me. It seems Chaos heard the pitter-patter of my footsteps as I crossed the kitchen floor and decided to investigate with me. The only problem was that as his body brushed across the open door he managed to close it --- locking me out of the house! To add insult to my already bruised ego, I was only wearing my short bathrobe! Racing around to the front of our home, hoping and praying the front door would be unlocked and the neighbor's weren't stirring yet to see me, I suddenly became close to tears when I discovered it was also locked. I snuck out to my studio, searching frantically for a house key only to discover that I'd previously taken it on another "locked out" occasion and hadn't put it back. Swallowing what little pride I had left, I made my way over across the street to awake the neighbor's and begged to use their telephone to call Don at work to return home and unlock our doors. "No problem," he says. Can you imagine the further humilation I felt when I looked out their window to see a friend of ours, Brian pull up in his van to hand me a set of our keys? With whatever dignity I had left to muster up, I kindly whispered, "Thank You!" as I snuck off to let myself back into the house! ROFLOL! {Needless to say, it didn't take me any time at all to change into a pair of flannel shorts and a T-shirt! ---- well after the damage had been done!} What a way to start a Saturday!!!!

No comments: