Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Weekend Wonderings...

My order from Pat Winter's arrived in yesterday's mail. Not only was that perfect timing, I cannot even begin to describe the beauty of either the hand dye silk ribbon or her fabric transfers. They are breath-taking! She enclosed a few additioinal fabric transfers for me and a wonderful little business card with her personal info... well, everything except and email addy where she can be reached, LOL! So, I decided that this weekend I will create her a special little "Thank You" card and a handwritten letter while at the retreat this weekend and send it off on Monday. I have found her website to be a wonderful source of information and such a welcoming place to visit.

My mind is still whirling with possibilities and all the preparations and planning for this weekend retreat. I cannot believe it is Tuesday already! I have a mental list of things that need done before I leave early Friday afternoon.
  • I'd love to get my hair done before going and have called Rita, without any success of reaching her. I hope she isn't away on a vacation, not that she doesn't deserve one, it simply doesn't fit into my schedule, LOL! I'll try again several times today.
  • I have to finish packing up my tote bags... which I've given some more thought to condensing down even more since I did make it out into the studio on Saturday. I realized that I won't need to take entire skeins of fibers and chenille yarn, so I'll trim those down and make due.
  • I've yet to pack my clothes and personal items I'll need. The Comfort Inn we're staying at has a pool and a hot tub which I intend to take full advantage of at least twice while there.
Not to mention, check writing for bill paying and cleaning the house. I believe I'll get some of that completed today. I just keep plugging away...although I have yet to make the actual CQ blocks that I will begin embellishing this weekend. Hopefully, I will have them to share with you soon.

2 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

You certainly have been one busy gal. I am pleased that you were happy with your purchases from me. I love to hear that. Sorry about not adding the email to the card. I must do that.:-)
Your sewing space looks great, and how nice to include your hubby. I sometimes take my projects downstairs and work while pretending to watch TV with mine. Two birds with one stone?
Your first CQ lock looks beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished journal. Great job Cathy!

Cathy said...

Thank you, Pat. And no problem about the email, it provided me the opportunity to create a card and write a hand-written note! Something I'm attempting to get better at doing... {smiles}