Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Organizing threads and flosses

While away on Sunday, my dad had telephoned and left us a message regarding additional parts and pieces he would needing to continue working on our Jeep Cherokee repairs. He and one of my four brothers managed to get the motor turned over and liked the way it sounded and the oil return, so they will continue to work on it. I really cannot tell you what all they have done to the motor to date, but they have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into trying to save it. We are remaining hopeful that the new radiator, head, and head gaskets will eventually solve a lot of the problems and save the motor. Dad doesn't think at this point that the underside of the engine was damaged when everything went to hell in a handbasket. Hopefully, he's right. Another compression check revealed a lower than normal compression, so he has decided to clean the pistons and the rings. We pray we will get very lucky and won't have to look for another engine and all this time, money, and effort isn't in vain. So far, it looks promising still.

On Monday, we dropped off some more money to him, after my chiropractor appt. While he talked with Don about the Jeep, mom and I visited together. I really need to try to make it over there more once my back gets straightened out and help her spring clean their home. I don't like her trying to do it as it tires her out so much and at her age there are things she simply doesn't need to be doing like climbing up and down on a ladder to wash walls, etc. She showed me a pillow she recently sewed up a new cover for and a crocheted one she is working on now. I should take her over one of the patterns and fabrics that I purchased to make some summer outfits for Alexxis for her to work on whenever the mood strikes her. They'd make perfect heirlooms for Amber to cherish and treasure until Alexxis is older. I also thought that when I get my fabric washed for the CQ for the studio, I may have her help me create some blocks and leave them there for her to embellish. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Once completed, I could curl up in my studio with that CQ and be reminded of those that she created. {smile}

Early in the afternoon, we made a quick trip to JoAnn's for me to purchase an embroidery floss storage container. Originally, I wasn't going to purchase any additional ones, but decided after Sunday's purchases that I probably should. I choose the ArtBin ones as they are clear acrylic vs. the opaque, I just prefer those..... and they go better with the Container Store ones that I use to store all my embellishments in already. I also picked up a Fade Away pen in two different brands, I want to try using some of my rubberstamps with them stamping on to fabric and embroidering them afterwards. I believe they'd be nice short projects that I could add to a CQ later on or for decorating almost any home decor item. Shortly afterwards, we returned home to eat a light lunch and I began winding the embroidery flosses that I purchased on Sunday onto plastic floss bobbins. Thank godness that I had picked up the bobbin winder or I'd still be sitting there! ROFLOL! And I definately picked up more than I needed on Sunday, so I decided to utilize the Stitch Bow™ Floss Holders and Storage Case for my Perle Cotton fibers. It was near midnight when I finished as I only took short potty breaks for me and the dog, and just an opportunity or two to stand, stretch, and walk about a bit. It made for a long day but it is all over now.... and I didn't make any new messes to have to worry about cleaning up before I leave on Friday, LOL!

No comments: