Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The west wall....



This one of the windows in our home that is original to the when Don's father built our home. We've often thought of replacing it with a bay or bow window but somehow have never ventured into accomplishing it. Maybe one day, when we add in a fence from the house out to the carport and do some landscaping, but currently it doesn't feature a view worthy of such an endeavor. Perhaps, one day...

The computer amoire, ah, what can I say... I have a love/hate relationship with this piece of furniture. It was another thrifty purchase that I just had to have, I was drawn to it's shabby chic existance and labored hours upon hours struggling to paint it. I do love it, however, its large size often becomes a challenge on where to place it within the room. I believe I've found it's placement, at least in an area that I can live with. One thing I now love is the fact that I can glance out the front window of the room while on the computer and enjoy nature while being inside.

I originally intended to add wallpaper or fabric to the door panels and a painted rope trim but somehow never made the time to follow through. A wallpaper border recently purchased at Goodwill for 50 cents, helped to decorate it up a bit turning it from "plain jane" to adding some warmth to it.

No comments: