Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Establishing a sewing and stitching area....



Yesterday, I spend my entire day establishing a sewing and stitching area within our home. This entailed cleaning, re-arranging furniture, experimenting with what worked where, and a frustration but now that it is finished both Don and I are pleased and happy with what we accomplished. Somehow, our feels comfy and cozy once again. Isn't it amazing how that occurs? We didn't purchase anything new, other than a cable line and a couple couplers so that we could move the gigantic amoire that holds my computer. The table that I set up for utilizing for my sewing machine, paper arts, journal writing came from our kitchen because I switched it for the dry sink we recently purchased from Dennis and Sheila. The tablecloth and napkins were a recent Goodwill find and a steal at $2. I scattered the napkins about for use as doilies throughout the room. The wall niche was a pass-through window that Don's mother used when they lived in our home and after the addition was added. This room became their dining room until the kitchen was enlarged via remodel a few years later. It was one of the aspects of our home that I couldn't quite part with when we remodeled our kitchen so I simply painted the drywall on this side of the room. Wanna come exploring with me? I'd love to show you what we've done simply through decorating....

No comments: