Thursday, March 15, 2007

Yesterday...

was a gorgeous day here in Ohio with partly cloudy skies and temps in the 70's --- a far cry from the less than half inch mix of sleet, snow, and ice that greeted us this morning. As restless natives itching with spring fever, Don and I decided to take a road trip to Columbus to do a bit of shopping. While I was in the process of getting myself ready, my dad called with good news --- our Jeep is done! and he was returning it to us. Both Don and I were so elated! We missed that darn thing, so it was no big surprise that we'd want to drive it. We gathered up the stereo face plate, some CD's, made a quick stop for gasoline and we were on our way!

Our first stop was at Target where I was so relieved to find some appropriate goodies for Miss Alexxis's Easter basket; I'd been wondering what I would do for her when Target's Dollar Spot came to the rescue. I purchase a 3 spindle spooled wall rack, a beautiful blue half-circle shelf, two approx. 6" photo fames, a wooden rabbit pull toy, a pair bunny barrettes, and a soft lamb keychain and little blue vinyl purse. Another purchase was a new bathing suit for yours truly --- my first "tankini".

Our second stop was at Schottenstein's Value City where I found a beautiful pair of summer sandles, Don a new pair of tennis shoes, a nice spring skirt, a couple of T's, and a pair of summer sandles and two matching but similar outfits for Alexxis. These will be put back for her first birthday that will be coming up on April 28th! I cannot believe it has been a year already, but hey! everyday with her has been a day to celebrate and one filled with love! After making our purchases, we started to head out the door when I made a detour for the restroom. Upon returning and exiting the store, I saw Don looking pretty frantic, talking on our cell phone and scouring the parking lot. He asked me, "Do you see our Jeep?" to which I replied, "No." then paused a moment before adding, "because we parked over here." We had somehow gotten turned around in the store and exited out one of the side doors and our Jeep was parked around front, LOL! The look of panic on his face was priceless!

Our next stop was made on our way home.... after traveling I-71 N to St. Rt. 36/37W, where Don decided to stop at The Cracker Barrel for dinner. I have to say our dinner was yummy! We both decided on the day's special consisting of baked chicken, broccoli, and cheese with side orders of their hashbrown casserole and green beans. It was very delish although I ate too much, preferring not to have to bring home a take out box nor desiring to shove my plate away. Deciding to walk off some of our meal, we made a stop at Oakland Nursery. I believe I've mentioned before how that store; it is amazing no matter what time of the year we visit it. I had been kicking myself for not purchasing a few different size garden cloches ever since our last visit on Christmas Eve, so I wasn't about to make the same mistake twice! Needless to say, two garden cloches later, two bird nests, and a assortment of color eggs we bade our goodbyes and headed home. All in all, it was a wonderful way to spend the day! {smiles}

No comments: