Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today has been a quiet day....





spent my morning browsing online, blog-hopping.... before getting up and going. I cleaned the kitchen up, washed the variety of drinking glasses, and cooked up some sloppy joes for our lunch and dinnner.

This afternoon, I worked more on my CQ while watching an afternoon movie. I love how this is beginning to turn out... it becomes more and more beautiful to me with every stitch and embellishment that I add. I added a herringbone stitch in pink floss around the blue paisly print, sewed on a applique to the purple paisley print before deciding to embellish it more using a satin stitch and a lazy daisy with green floss. I found a deep purple ribbon flower that simply shouted, "Add me" to the upper right corner of the square before finally moving on to tacking on a beautiful pink ribbon trim around my center image. I've six more blocks to embellish in some way; not that all of them need to be embellished... I believe I'll check out Sharon's blog for some stitches that go great together and pair a few of them up or practice learning them, LOL!

No comments: