Monday, April 16, 2007

A close up shot...


I'm thinking my next block will be one of the solid green along the botton and a piece of the green ticking added along one side of the brown prints, while I add a piece of the red ticking diagonally along the top. I'm hoping by turning the ticking slightly in one section and then, diagonally on the next, will assist with providing some visual interest and movement leading one's eyes from one section to the next.

While in JoAnn's today, I picked a skein of black and ecru perle cotton in size 8 and then, one in a lite burgandy and a hunter green size 5. Of course, I won't be starting on the embroidery for some time to come as I've the entire piece of muslin to patch but I figured it's never to early to begin considering and purchasing embellishment supplies. I jotted down a few additional thoughts in my journal for future consideration, like adding a piece of black lace to a few of the lighter blocks and some applique ideas. I'm thinking I may just use my Sizzix die cut machine to cut some folk art style hearts and stars out of freezer paper so I can use a few for applque templates. I'm envisioning them in the lighter brighter fabric prints and added to some of the darker patches, like the red and green. Not too many, just a few scattered here and there but enough to provide a unified appearance over the entire quilt top. Anyway's time will tell....

No comments: