Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Fruits and Nuts



Recently, I kept mentioning to Don that the birds are certainly loving a fruit and nut ball that we hung under in the eaves of the studio. Little did I know that the birds are lucky to enjoy any of this! A few days ago, Chaos pointed me to the little culpruit that was enjoying it immensely. Remember the squirrel in my studio that we've been attempting to capture? It now appears that I'm feeding him! No wonder he won't go near the trap filled with peanuts!

He scatters to the edge of the roof, dangles his small body over the eaves, grabs the string holding the fruit ball and pulls it up, then procedes to nibble, filling his jaws with all the fruits and nuts he can hold, before returning to the roof to enjoy them. Needless to say, this will be last one we hang up there! LOL!

1 comment:

Sue McGettigan said...

Squirrels are always quick to catch on to free food - they are awfully cute though :) I love the way they hold their food with those tiny little 'hands'