Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring!

Spring is slowly returning to the Ohio valley. Not that it went anywhere, LOL! I guess I mean the temperatures are once again beginning to rise. The buds on the trees are beginning to open up {and blowing down on my recently powerwashed deck!}, flowering trees continue to bloom, and so aren't my potted flowers! Yesterday, I discover one of my tulips has bloomed, and the hyacinths are continuing to grow, filling the kitchen with their wonderful fragrance. I wish I could say the ones planted in our front yard were fairing so well; the cold temps and snow flurries seem to have taken its toll on them. Only time will tell if they will be able to bounce back.

My thoughts are beginning to return to spending time outside on our deck, gardening, and landscaping some more. There's a lot to do and be done, although I've been enjoying the opportunity to rest, relax, and heal. I've come to the conclusion that in order for my back and neck to heal, I have to take it a bit easier on myself. Hopefully, I'll remember that as I go about my day and the ones that come after that. I needed to do some thinking about that, and I remembered that I was able to accomplish quite a bit in small incliments of time while healing from my previous car accident that involved my right foot and achille's tendon. It all comes back around to estalishing and maintaining a sense of balance in all areas of my life. Something we all struggle with from time to time.

My seedlings are beginning to emerge and are growing beyond their first set of leaves. As I check on them day to day, watering them, ensuring that they've enough to continue growing, I think about my health and how fragile life really is. I realized that I need to cultivate and care for myself in that same way, even if means resting and relaxing more, taking a bit more breaks, and going slowly. Somehow, I know that it will all work itself out, if I remember this.

No comments: