Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Speaking of mail...

My sister telephoned me earlier this week to say, "Thank you" to me for the box I sent to her for her birthday. She loved everything that I sent to her! She's admired my stationery suitcase for some time and once mentioned what a wonderful gift it would make. Knowing that her birthday was coming up, I had to pick up a small suitcase when I saw it at JoAnn's on clearance. Desiring to help fill it, I went through my own stash of greeting card supplies and split a DCWV card and envelope kit, a cardstock pack, and an 8x8 printed paper pack with some stickers and vellum quotes and sayings. {Splitting those packages is one way to reduce storing so much of them! I gotta admit that I loved that.} A few days later, I stumbled upon an entire line of matching journals, notepads, ink pens, coffee cups, etc. while exploring our newly relocated Dollar Tree that were perfect for adding to it. Along with a few of the silk ribbon embroidery kits I'd discovered at Goodwill and the box was filled and sent on its way. Maybe now, I'll get a hand-written note from her once in a while, LOL! Either way, I'm happy that you enjoyed it Sis!

My "Sacred Journey Vessel" deco has reached its destination and I've one heading my way to create in. In fact, Mary's should be arriving any day now, so those will be exciting to create within and provide me some time for stamping and paper arts play.

My "Kittens and Mitten's" wallhanging RAK should be arriving at Christy's anyday now. I'm so happy it will have a good home and hopefully come in useful as the CQ Kitten RR makes it way around.

As I sent out a few "Thank You!" cards, I noticed my own stash of them is gradually dwindling down. I'm hoping to find some undiscovered time today to create some more. I've an idea in mind of some to send, I love brightening up one another's days.

No comments: