Monday, May 07, 2007

Crazy Quilt throw...


I'm so excited! I worked on my crazy quilt throw today for several hours. It's been slow going but the results were well worth it! In my last post about creating this throw, I mentioned that I was desiring to begin adding some "soft embellishments" so today I decided to add a fan into the design. I am a complete newbie at this, having only created one previous CQ block that I turned into a CQ journal cover and I've never done quilt applique, so today was a first! I believe I'll be adding some more fans into the design in a various sizes. To cover the points where the fan comes together, I created a fabric yo-you and added one small button. And how could I resist adding a buttonhole stitch to one section of the fan? It is actually sewn down on the muslin using quilting thread and is completely done by hand! More embellishing will be added once all my quilt pieces are in place.

2 comments:

Godelieve said...

The fans look fantastic on your quilt throw! This looks like A LOT of work!

Cathy said...

Thank you, Godelieve. It's a lot like stamping and creating with paper arts, time consuming but well worth all the effort that we make. This throw is definately a true labor of love! Although, I do find the process very relaxing and as you can see crazy quilting can also allow one to be inspired creatively. A lot of the embellishing will begin after the piecing is finally done. Thanks for visiting! {smiles}