Monday, May 07, 2007

All the way to one edge!



I spent another hour adding more pieces to the quilt top; currently I'm at the far right edge!!! Whooo-Hoo! I've about 32" by 20" of fabric completed right in the center. I believe that on my next session, I'll work to the far left edge... I've still approximately 12" on the left to finish up, but once completed, this will put me in the direct center of the throw. There is approximately 30" of muslin to cover in the top to bottom of this patched section. And I'm desiring to create a few more fans... I'm thinking at least two the size of the first and maybe, two a bit larger. I'm also desiring to applique some folk art hearts and stars onto this; just need to run out to the studio so I can cut some freezer paper using the Sizzix for my patterns. I believe I'll save the applique for yet another day and for now revel in what I've accomplished! {*smiles*}

3 comments:

lindaharre said...

This is going to be fabulous....although I have NO idea of how you are doing this! The muslin and all threw me! Love all the hand stitching:)

Cathy said...

Linda,
I'm creating a 50"x60" crazy quilt throw. The muslin is the backing for the quilt top. The fabrics are being hand sewn using sew-n-flip method, e.g., meaning the right side of the fabric is sewn on one edge, then flipped and basted until another piece is added adhering it more securely. Once the quilt top is completely cover, I'll begin embellishing by adding in all the hand embroidery stitching along the seams. From there the quilt top will be ready for binding like a regular ole' quilt.

lindaharre said...

How interesting!!!!! I wonder who figured that one out:) What an ingenious way create a quilt top! Thank you so much for explaining:)