Monday, May 21, 2007

Opinions, please.....

I placed the cabinet in the pass-through opening, located above my sewing table. I like how the Churchill Vanilla paint that is on the back wall assists with featuring the architectual details of the dark cherry or walnut cabinet, providing some contrast to the piece and the doll parts and pieces displayed within it. Having a dog named Chaos certainly creates some challenges when it comes to displaying items within our home, as well as having a one year soon-to-be walking about and needing to consider her safety as well. Does this look alright here? {I could easily add it to our bedroom; it would match the decor there very well.}

And do you see that large skeleton key? It one of several that I've found and have recently began collecting. I don't know exactly why they fascinate me so much but I do enjoy seing them displayed here and there around our home, garden, and studio. Somehow they just touch my heart!

And speaking of hearts, I have to wonder what touches yours? Do you have a favorite collection of things that you collect and display lovingly throughout your home and adjoining spaces? Would share them with me? I'd love to see them... and who knows, maybe be inspired by how they are displayed!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

Cathy,
I think it looks very nice there. You do have a huge key. (g)