Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Small Project...


Today I CQ'd a small 7"x9" piece using some of my fabric stash and pieces sent to from Julie in the CQ For Newbies Squishie Mingle. I used a Sandra Everston's Birdcage Coulture stamp to stamp on silk using black india ink and colored in parts of the image using Prismacolor pencil. I intend to further embellish this image using silk ribbon and silk ribbon embroidery for the flowers, and size 5 black perle cotton for the bird cage. I simply had to attempt to create another victorian fan; the pieced together fabric seemed to be screaming for yet another one. Lavender colored daisy trim was tack sewn down to conceal the outside edges of the fan while a crocheted mirror tacked to conceal the fan ends. I couldn't resist the urge to start doing some embroidery on this piece so I began using purple perle cotton in a feather stitch; then a light lilac in a simple running stitch; next is a lazy daisy chain in a pink perle cotton. I discovered some 4mm bicone crystal swarovski crystals in my stash that I'll be adding to the center of the daisies along the trim --- just as soon as I purchase a beading needle and Julie sent me some beautiful sequins that I'd love to add for a bit more bling. It will be exciting to see this block begin to take shape.

No comments: