Monday, May 21, 2007

Tiny Treasures....


I love "The Secret", the "Laws of Attraction", coincidences, serendipity... or whatever it is and whatever other's would like to call it. Just the other day, I spent some time searching for "half dolls" desiring to find a few that I could use to create a couple tassel dolls. Years ago, when I painted ceramics, I could have purchased a ton of porcelain half dolls but somehow they never truly interested me then. Now, I'd love to have some of them! Funny how that works...

Anyways, yesterday Don and I took a "road trip" our destination no where in particular other than to visit the lake. {Lake Erie --- the Port Clinton/Sandusky area}. After packing up a cooler of ice, plenty of water, and a bag of bread and snacks, we stopped for some lunch meat and cheese. As we were packing up the cooler after our purchases, dark gray clouds began to appear and we almost came close to calling the entire trip off. Instead, we decided to stick with our plans and headed out anyways.

We both love traveling the highways, but our heart truly lies in traveling the back roads so we took St. Rt. 53 up instead of the more travelled St. Rt. 4. As we rode/drove along, we passed through many little towns and a few cities, chatting, laughing, looking as we went. In Tiffin, I saw a sign for the fairgrounds and a flea market that is held every 3rd weekend of the month with free admission so we made a U-turn and decided to stop and browse. I really had nothing in mind to shop for, well, other than maybe some garden decor items... so we walked along, looking, talking, doing the "remember this" thing... As we were about to reach the end of the long line of booths set up along the way to the Jeep, I spied this! Isn't it gorgeous? It isn't actually "half dolls", but those porcelain heads, hands, and feet were calling my name. As I took a moment to look at the $20 price tag, the wonderful lady selling this beauty said, "I'll take $12 for that!" SOLD!!!! I didn't mention that I'd would have happily given her the entire twenty for it... LOL! As we chatted, I mentioned searching for some half dolls, and she thinks she may just have a few of them that she'd be willing to sell to me. So, hopefully, I'll get a telephone call from her soon. Anyways, I think I'll display this in the old pass-through window so I can enjoy looking at while I sew. Don't you love finding things when you least expect them? *smiles*

No comments: