Friday, May 25, 2007

The wheels are spinning...

Yesterday, I attended the companies orientation program, filled out all of the required paperwork, and received papers for taking a drug screen and to have a physical taken at a local outpatient center. So, in the afternoon, I went to have the drug screen taken {which I passed} and to get an appointment for my physical, which was set up for Tuesday afternoon. In the event that I pass the physical and am cleared for employment, and all my paperwork is returned to the company, in all likelihood, I'll begin work on Wednesday morning next week.

During orientation, I learned the company is offering a lot of overtime right now and they are working mandatory 10 hrs. days. First shift will begin at 5 a.m. and work until 3:30 p.m. which certainly beats working through the heat of the day, although I'm certain it will be hot in the upcoming months. {The company that I applied with is a window manufacturer, I'll be working the on the production line. Thankfully, I do have some experience working with glass as I previously manufactured oven door glass packs so I'm well aware of some of the safety practices the company has in place.}

So, my agenda has changed for the remainder of this week as I'll be busy cleaning our home a bit more thoroughly in preparation of my return to working full-time outside of our home once again. Other items on my agenda is to finish up my obligation to the deco swap and getting those mailed to Linda, and taking some time to simply relax and enjoy life before starting. Shopping for a new pair of tennis shoes so that I can get them broke in before beginning, stocking up on groceries, planning easier meals to cook after work and for my lunches. I realize it will take me some time for my body to adjust to this new schedule and the duties required of me, so I'm planning ahead just a bit for that. And thanking God, for our jacuzzi to assist with easing all those bodily aches and pains, LOL!

The company does offer healthcare benefits: medical, dental, vision and $10,000 life insurance, so although the hourly starting wage is on the medium scale, the benefits available make up the difference. Also, the company offers "incentive" programs based on production and safety so additional income can be earned. Can you tell, I'm excited? and anxious? I'll also be happy to have my scrapbooking, rubberstamping, and crazy quilting piecing and stitching to work in a much more relaxed manner during some evenings, I'm sure! Who knows, the dream of owning our own pool, may just become a reality yet! {*wink*}

2 comments:

joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool! Off course be free to comment as you wish.

liannallama said...

oh--sounds like things are moving quickly! Exciting things are coming up for you!