Saturday, July 14, 2007

{ponderings}

Having yet another weekend off from work leaves me pondering what exactly I desire to do with my time. It's similar to how we spend our money, and just as important that we learn how to best spend it. My heart longs for the days that I squandered away, aimlessly pursuing whatever my little heart desired. I quickly am realizing just how precious ever fleeting moment of time is...

I, also, am learning to slow down and enjoy my life more with a refreshing bath after a hard day of work, a warm cup of coffee and savoring its aromatic aroma... especially, Millstone's Hazelnut Creme Decaffeinated. Yes, I've surrendered myself over to drinking decaffeinated in the early evenings as my bedtime comes very early when being required to arrive at work at 5 a.m., LOL! Sitting on the rear deck in the evenings, in loungewear or pj's, enjoying one another's company, listening to the sounds emanating from the watergarden, hearing the birds sing, and watching the sun as it begins to set in the sky. Seeing the sun rise and set is a rarity for me on days that I have to work, so enjoying them this weekend is truly a blessing from God.

Today's agenda is to spend my time puttering around the house doing a bit of cleaning. I never thought that you'd be hearing me say that I miss cleaning our home, but I do. Don is doing a amazing job keeping it up while I work, allowing me to rest when I arrive home, but there nothing as satisfying to me as sitting down and enjoying being surrounded by what I've accomplished and savoring those moments in a clean home. I so miss that! So today I intend to spend some time doing just that, wiping down the cabinets, cleaning my cherished home decor and knick knacks. I believe I'll begin in the kitchen and work my way right straight to the bathtub, LOL! Don is working until 4 p.m. this afternoon, so I'm thinking a short drive to some of our favorite places are on order... no real purchases in mind, just to do some browsing. Remember, we're still counting our pennies and saving money for a new to us vehicle.

Scott is still working our Jeep Cherokee and has determined what exactly the problem
is/was with it not starting. It seems our fuel pump was going out and required replacement, however, the reason it died so suddenly is that the fuel pump required more voltage to operate and the manufacturer supplies a 30V Ignition Control fuse to assist with that process. The problem lies within the wiring between the two... it isn't designed to handle the amount of electrical current required between the two so the wiring itself overheats and melts. Scott is confident that he replace the wiring, possibly bypassing some of the manufactures wiring, and replacing it with his own heavier electrical wiring. But before he decides to go through all of that he wants to hear it started and be certain that all the necessary components such as the headlights and brake lights are in proper working order. I don't know much more than that at the moment, but finding Scott, and him having the time to address the necessarily repairs is a blessing straight from heaven. He even managed to change the starter in Don's Ford Ranger this morning so it is on the mend once again. Don and I are however aware that these measures are only a temporary solution to a much larger problem --- we need a newer vehicle! So, therefore we're enjoying the simplier, more important things in life, and loving them! It's all in what you learn to embrace... {*smiles and waves} I'm off to spent some time on something very close to my heart... our home.

No comments: