Saturday, July 14, 2007

The "Simple Life"

Working 10 hour days doesn't allow for too much time for other things during the week, but I was fortunate to be offered another Saturday off and grasped the opportunity with open arms. I'm desiring to share some photographs taken from our previous weekend spent with my family. Don and I had a wonderful time on Saturday having dinner at Bob Evans with Karen, Chuck, DJ {Karen's grandson}, our parents, and my brother Keith and significant other, Sharon. Also, to feed my "need" to spend some time with own grandchild, Alexxis, aka "Miss Adorable", Don and I kept her all day Saturday, Saturday night, and enjoyed the day with her on Sunday. I'm quickly realizing that I need to savor the snuggles when the opportunity to do so presents itself as the world is so interesting to a wonderful, full of life and curious 15 month old; so those moments are becoming fewer and far between.

After dinner with my family, we ventured out to Don's mom's and sister's home. This is the first opportunity that Elenor, Cindy, and Sammy have met my grand-daughter and they seemed to enjoy her as much as we do. She definitely captures your heart and attention! Alexxis enjoyed the picture window, the hummingbird feeder lovingly placed just outside of it, and squeals of delight could be heard throughout their home as each and every hummingbird visited the feeder. To add more excitement to Alexxis' visit, throw in Princess, Samantha's cat, lounging peacefully on Aunt Cindy cars and our little one's world becomes a place of magic! Needless to say, we all returned home, happy, content, and our hearts filled with love.

On Sunday, my family worked together to share a simple cookout at my parents. We set up table and chairs beside Dad's garage in the shade of an old tree, while my brother, Rick provided a canopy for additional shade. Even the ever-changing Ohio weather cooperated wonderfully providing a nice cool breeze and plenty of sunshine. Plenty of hamburgers, cheeseburgers hot dogs cooked on the grill, baked beans, cool sliced cucumbers, and a fruit salad provided a delicious meal, but the time spent enjoying one another's company was the highlight of the occassion. Of course, no family get-together is complete without the obligatory "family" photograph session so on to the pictures....

No comments: