Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Weekend Off Work! {Amazing!}


When asked if I'd like to "volunteer" to work overtime today by our production manager, my immediate reaction was "do I have stupid tattoo-ed somewhere?"; deciding to play nice, I simply refused and reveled in the possibility that after six weeks of working six days a week, I might be entitled to actually enjoy a bit of my life, I was elated! Somewhat confused about how I'd like to spend my weekend, either visiting Headlands State Park or browsing through antique stores in some small, but quaint neighboring towns, or actually adding some more patches to my crazy quilt, the decision was made for me via a telephone call received from my sister, Karen, the weekend before.

Karen and her husband, Chuck, decided to make a road trip from their home in Wolverton, MN to Ohio and arrived yesterday. Don and I got to visit with them for a few hours in the evening yesterday at Mom and Dad's. This is the first opportunity that Don has had to meet my older sister and everyone seemed to hit it off very well. My brother-in-law, Chuck, couldn't get over the "family" resemblance between our mom, Karen, and I and was in further shock while looking at pictures of my daughter, Amber, and grandchild, Alexxis! We spent a few hours catching up and made additional plans for dinner at Bob Evan's at 4 o'clock today. On Sunday afternoon, we'll have another family get-together at Mom and Dad's having a cookout. It's been almost 8-9 years since Karen's last visit home so we've plently of catching up to do.

In other news, Don and I had a wonderful Fourth of July visiting with Dennis and Sheila and their family. We cooked out over an open fire in the woods, drank a few margarita's, visited with their son and his family. We also spent a few hours watching and observing two American Bald eagles who have made their home near there. So beautiful to watch them, catching fish in the stream, flying in the sky, and perching in the trees. I've definately got to take my camera or the video cam recorder over on our next visit, they are so amazing to watch! {The picture above was taken from the internet, but hopefully, I'll soon have some of my own to share.}

Today, I'm simply enjoying the peace and quiet of our home this morning. I'm taking a break from sewing a few more patches to my crazy quilt throw before I do some much needed cleaning on our hardwood floors, spending some time throwing ball for Chaos, and enjoying our backyard and deck. Since returning to working outside of our home, there's very little time for enjoying these things, so I'm taking full advantage of this weekend. Of course, the additional income is nice {especially the near 100 incentive bonus I received that almost covered the taxes taken out from all my overtime hours!} but it certainly isn't everything. I'm definately learning to enjoy small quiet moments, spent with family and friends, watching an eagle fly, and catching a glimspe of Alexxis's sweet smiles. {*waves*}

*Edited to add* We also stumbled across a riding lawn mower for sale on our way home from Dennis and Sheila's on the 4th. After several telephone calls, we purchased it on Friday evening. Our Ford Ranger pick-up truck had it's brake's repaired, prior to the starter going out, LOL! The Jeep Cherokee is still being worked on and God only knows how much longer it will be before it runs again, if ever! Our jacuzzi is still broken, but all in all, life is good. We have our health, our family and friends, and are once again able to save up for the necessities in life - and are dealing with them these obstacles one at a time. Anyways, Cheers to a better tomorrow!*

No comments: