Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's Independence Day!!!


Today, I will celebrate... the freedom I have in my country, to worship whomever and whenever I please, to celebrate for all of those who have sacrificed so much, and enjoy a well-deserved day free from working outside of my home. Our plans may not be fancy, but they will be enjoyed, a cookout with family and friends and the possibility of seeing the fireworks late this evening.

Since returning to work, having "stolen moments" of time, borrowed here and there from my need to obtain some sleep, lol, leaves me rejoicing and embracing each and every little moment. I find myself embracing all the little things in life, catching myself saying, "slow down and savor this moment". I think about the the things that are truly important in my life so I can discover where it is best to place the free time I have and have come to realize that I desire to spend every minute with my family and closest friends. My heart longs for more time; time to be creative, to sew a few more patches on my crazy quilt, to write a hand-written and heartfelt letter, to stamp a few more rubberstamped cards ... just because.

Along with the issue of how to spend my time, comes the issue of money. With little time left to spend any of what I'm making, I'm certainly saving. How and what to spend it on is also very much in my thoughts. I'm thankful that we now have the things we need, the necessities in life, but what to do with what's extra. Savings plays a huge factor of course, but hey, I deserve to enjoy some of it, too. However, I find myself asking, "will give me the same pleasure later on as it does now?" I've done some "online window shopping" and what once ignited a fire within my heart, barely ignites a spark. I find myself often wondering and thinking that down the road I'll have more time but will I enjoy it as much then as I seem to now? I worry that my interests my change, that somehow I'll not find the inspiration when the time is there, so I'm not stock-piling anything new, but the desire to do so, still lingers. I have reached some clarity in that I need to use what I have, and purchase very little and only for the things that I truly desire to create. Realizing this, has been so very liberating! It's freed me from the desire to hoard, LOL!

No comments: