Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm feeling as if I am running behind...

in documenting what Don and I have been doing lately and the desires of my heart. So much has been happening within our daily lives, visiting and spending time with family and friends, yet some of "the-most-precious-to-me-time" has been the time I've spend with Don and my grand daughter, Little Miss Alexxis, and time spent creating some of my recent artistic endeavors. '
I've somehow managed to share a small portion of that, while other things that have occurred within our lives, I haven't found the time to document. This is important to me as I love remembering and reminiscing those moments and reliving the memories that we are creating together. I sometimes re-visit my blog archives, just to remind myself of how truly precious our lives are, share those moments that we created together, to remind myself of just how blessed we truly are, even when that road is rocky and uncertainty fills my soul. I'm often reminded of the strength and determination that both of us contain within us, even when at the time of their occurance, neither of us feel that within ourselves. But more importantly, I desire to share this with my granddaughter, Alexxis, as she continues to grow, becoming the person that God intends for her to be. I hope that somehow she will find strength, courage, and determination within her own life when the road before her feels rocky and she stumbles, falls down, and feels like we all do at times, like simply giving up. I want to instill within her that even when things don't go the way we believe they should, that it is important to remember that sometimes God has other intentions and plans for our lives, even when we, ourselves, don't see or understand them. My hope and desire is that she finds whatever it is she needs, when she needs it the most, written within my words, shared within the pictures, thoughts, and ideas that I have shared.

I often wish that I could share more of the thoughts and feelings that I have, even though, I often re-read what I've written here and wonder if I share too much? Yet I yearn to go deeper, sharing what is in my heart and in my head, especially the art that I so desparately desire to create. Creating has been on my mind a lot lately, my heart longs for days that I could spend creating within the studio, unfortunately "life" calls and I am often unable to make my way there. Just yesterday, Don and I were discussing this, we talked about my studio needing to be re-organized once again as we've allowed Amber and Chris to store some of their personal items there. My studio has been "revamped" so to speak, my leather chair and side table moved to make room for their couch which is white and has been wrapped in plastic to protect if from stray flecks of acrylic paint and ink splatters. It's hard to navigate through, let alone even consider creating something within it. My hope is to soon begin, once again, to rectify that.

Our attic and carport are also in need of some dire plan of attack. It's funny how we fight to control the clutter, sorting, purging, tossing to make room, only to have it quickly filled up once again. Amber and Chris have moved and are storing some of their belongings within the space, Shawn is in the process of moving and we are now storing some of his belongings. Our kiln is now sitting along side the carport because there isn't any room for it inside, let alone a way to actually set it up so I can begin using it.

We;ve gained another patio set, as Shawn and Tara currently have no use for it nor an area to store it, so our rear deck needs to be rearranged to accomodate it so that we can continue to enjoy it for the next six weeks before needing to store it all for the winter. I had my heart set on making my way out to the studio today to retreive some of my autum decorations to decorate our outdoor living space, only to wake up sick and feel let down. My sickness is nothing major, just a touch of a mild flu or something going around; yet it just feels like it is one more thing that is preventing from doing the things I'd love to do.

I want to share a road trip that Don and took recently, through central and southern Ohio and into northern Kentucky. I didn't take my digital camera along with me, however, I did do an internet search and discovered pictures that were taken by others that demonstrate what we saw and experienced.
I want to start working on my crazy quilt some more, continue to add on more of the patches so that I get started on some of applique, and some of the small stitcheries I am desiring to add. I want to begin working on several other projects: one is something that I've been writing and desire to illustrate using my mixed media art supplies into an altered book form, yet I'm desiring to create the actual book myself; the other, a "journey quilt" complete with photographs on fabric, journaling added in both text and in stitches. I've decided both of these projects will simply have to wait as we've already so much to do and continue working on, but I don't believe it will stop me from wishing and obtaining the materials I need to complete them, LOL!
I want to share some "happy little moments", show and tell about my new computer that has finally been replaced after the storms and show you our new ride! Yes, we finally managed to purchase a "new-to-us" vehicle, a '98 Jeep Cherokee that I'm still pinching myself over and keep peeking out the living room window in disbelief that it is ours! We are finally reaping what we've sewn over the course of the summer. I'm able to see the reward of what I worked so hard for and it is lessening the stress and all the negative feelings I associated along with that time of my life. It is more than just a vehicle to me, as it is a stepping stone to me and in my independance as I desire to once again attempt to obtain my driver's license. Can you believe I'm 46 years old and do not have them? It isn't by choice, just a result of some of the obstacles and challenges that I've faced in my life. I often look back at all that I've managed to accomplish without them and am amazed at it all but feel its a wonderful example for Alexxis as it demonstrates you can do what your heart desires if you desire it enough!
I'm beginning to feel a whole lot better and am eager to get started with the intentions that I have for my day, so I'm going to stop writing for now. For those of you who visit and share in our lives, I thank you!
It' has been so much fun to share those little things, the snippets and fragments, that are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, or the patches within my crazy quilt, that make up the puzzles and quilts within our lives. For it truly is within those little things , those things that we so often take for granted, that often make our lives feel so complete regardless of how scattered, torn and tattered. Until the next time.......... hasta la vista!

No comments: