Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I wish I could write that I've been so busy this past week that almost all of our wedding preparations are complete! The truth is that I've accomplished very little. Perhaps, that's not entirely true, but the "to do" list certainly seems longer than the "no longer on the list" list. There's certainly hasn't been any lack of inspiration, its the motivation to actually get up and go that has plagued me. Thankfully, Don's has "kicked it up a notch". He's been so busy, I "almost" feel guilty! Our front porch and sidewalk has been repaired, the fallen leaves from the enormous amount of trees had been removed, {okay, it isn't like there's a forest in our front yard although you'd never know it when it comes to cleaning it up!} A few days ago he brought down the Christmas tree and all the trimmings down from the attic. But I hadn't touched them and then there they sat, attempting to add to the guilt I was pretending to feel, LOL!

This past week also came with its share of surprises! I ran out of printer ink, find out the candle votive holders that I thought we'd use as wedding favors are no longer available, discover that the black skirt I intended to wearing isn't at all what I am desiring on my weddding day, and what do you mean that the contractors are here to remove and replace our fence and our recently cleaned yard is now a mess once again from our neighbors leaves?

By Sunday, I needed a break from the break I'd been taking! So we took a road trip; did some shopping for the final purchases for decorating; had an enjoyable lunch, and arrived safely back at home in time for meeting with our minister. Thankfully, Chuck came prepared, a folder of ideas for a non-denominational wedding, filled with thoughts and ideas, and was very open and receptive to our suggestions. I was relieved to say, "Let's do it!" to so many of his ideas, with only one change. Don and I will share an "impromptu?" moment" saying something to one another prior to exchanging our vows. Neither of us will have any clue what the other is going to say. Huh? Of course, my imagination, began racing at a hundred miles an hour, wondering if this is the "wisest" thing to do. But I'm trusting it and believe it will add a "personalized" feel to our wedding.

The remainder of the week wasn't much better. It seemed as if everything I attempted wasn't coming out right. So after several failed attempts, I finally realized there's a time for everything and this wasn't it! That realization provided me some much needed time to relax, enjoy, and be grateful! After spending Thanksgiving Day with Don's family, we gathered up little Miss Wonderful for an evening visit with my parents, then kept Alexxis overnight so Mommy and Daddy could get in some Black Friday shopping. Spending the time with family and friends was just what the doctor ordered and I'm happy to say, I've one Christmas tree decorated!

No comments: