Sunday, January 27, 2008

A side view...


I used a paper mache heart box for a template for the three heart shapes that I used. Each heart is approximately 3 1/2 - 4". I cut a piece of red card stock 2 1/2" x 7" which I folded in half along the length side to make it 3 1/2" . I also scored both sides in at 1/2" and folded those in. At the 3 1/2' I cut a diagonal snip, like an upside down "V" on each side so that I could form the point of the heart shape. I added an eyelet to both ends so that I could add ribbon and various threads so that my heart could be hung. Once my front side had the lace hot glued to the underside, I glittered and decorated the top collage style using an image from a Valentine's postcard, and then hot glued a piece of tinsel to it. After that the box was ready to be assembled. Once finished it is approximately a 1 1/4" thick and items can be added to it. I choose to use tulle.

No comments: