Monday, January 28, 2008

CED 2008 - Inspiration board & a custom flashcards




Recently I've been browsing online for a new pendant style overhead lighting fixture for our living room. I've saved a multitude of images from the internet to be used as inspiration for us as we first look locally before deciding what fixture to purchase. Little did I realize while browsing that I'd discover so many other wonderful home decor elements that I'd love to add, so I saved photographs of them as well in hopes of one day creating an inspiration board that I could photograph and print out to take along on some of our shopping trips. Since these are others photographs, I didn't want to crop them, so I've been looking for a way to add my own notes and personal touches to what I am inspired.


Well, today, I discovered this wonderful flash card generator that you can personalize! http://www.senteacher.org/Worksheet/10/Literacy.xhtml The photograph above is one that I generatored, scanned, and cropped intending to use it my artwork but it could also be labelled with home decor items names, such as lamps, curtains, fabric, rugs, etc. I so love this idea! so I thought I'd share it. I hope others can find it useful as well.
Why do I desire to create an inspiration board? Because....
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."

-- Joseph Addison

No comments: