Friday, February 29, 2008

CED 2008 ~ Almost Daily Journal ~ Ordinary Miracle


This page came together in several stages. First, I stamped the quote on regular white cardstock, then decided I'd like to cut it into strips. Instead of simply adhering the strips onto the background, I thought it would look cool attached to a piece of cardstock instead. Then, the cardstock shouted out it needed to be layered, so a piece of printed paper was torn and aged with distress inks. I couldn't resist adding on the rub on letters to spell out "Ordinary" As I was assembling this page, I thought about the results of my book pages, stacked all together and realized that was my dream for this book's finished results, to appear put together using "ordinary everyday" items to make it appear "as a miracle" once it is complete. I also know that I want to have a tactile feel so what better way to achieve that than to use fabric to layer and adhere it together.
Edited to add:
AS The stamp is hard to actually read here, here's the wording:
Magical things happen
every day, if we allow it.
Think
of daylight, of the stars at
night, a flower. A dandelion is
a miracle .......
If you open yourself to miracles.

No comments: