Saturday, March 08, 2008

Blizzard of 2008......















Wanna venture outside with me? Come on, it'll be fun! We are in the mist of a the biggest snowfall that Ohio has seen this year. The National Weather Service has put us in a Blizzard Category as we are under 1/4 miles visibility, have wind gust greater than 35 mph, and will receive lots of snow. No kidding! LOL! This is the view from our rear deck, I was able to make down the four steps out into the yard about 3-4 feet before the snowdrifts I am standing in are up to my knees. When you're only 5'1" tall, it doesn't take too much snow before it is too difficult to walk, especially when you're attempting to look through the camera lens while attempting to do so. Perhaps, this isn't the greatest idea I've ever had, but I'll take you on the tour anyways. LOL!




















If we turn to our left, we'll see the door to my studio. And No! I'm not attempting to venture over there. I'll just shoot from here --- Thank you very much! The wind is still gusting, probably around 20 mph, so there's a lot of blowing and drifting just about everywhere we'll turn.










This is the rooftop of the garage and my studio. See how the snow has drifted to form one big long pile? And did notice the 6-8 inches that is blowing up and over? And Yes! It's STILL SNOWING!






This is one long drift between the studio/garage and our home, I'm certain it is at least 2 foot of snow.... No! I"m venturing in to find out!


And a parting shot before we head back inside and venture out to the front. Do you see those two garden stakes there? Those are actually planted in the top section of my water garden. It's hard to tell where the concrete blocks surrounding the water feature actually start and end as it's been snowing and drifting. Oh Yeah! I already shared that.

No comments: