Monday, March 24, 2008

CED 2008 ~ Easter Sunday

Don and I had a very enjoyable Easter day! Our day started with breakfast, bacon and eggs, and then I prepared a Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese icing in my mini-loaf and large muffin pans. In the early afternoon, we made a trip to Lowes and while there we picked up three pots of Easter Lillies before venturing over to my parents to gift my mother with one of the Lillies and some mini-loaves of cake. After a short visit, we ventured back home, where I took a few loaves over to a neighbor and made a short visit over a cup of coffee before setting about to make up a green bean casserole to take to our daughter's and family home for Easter Dinner.

We arrived at Amber and Chris' house, shortly after 4 since dinner was scheduled for 5 p.m. We made some last minute preparations before eating turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, scalloped corn, green bean casserole, and buttered rolls. For dessert we shared a Pepperidge Farms Chocolate layered cake and a cup of nice, hot coffee. They certainly had a full house, with Don and I, Chris's parents, Gary and Nancy, and several cousins and their families. There were 6-7 children all under the age of 6, so it was a joy to hide and help them find boiled Easter eggs and plastic ones filled with candy! After cleaning up, Don and I finally made it back home a little after 9 p.m. --- full and blissfully happy! We wouldn't have traded the day for anything else!

I hope your Easter was just as joyful! After a short bible reading and prayer session, I slipped contently between the sheets with a smile on my face and gratitude in my heart.

Today, I watched Alexxis. Shortly after she arrived, we made another visit to my Mom and Dad's. My mom had fun making French Toast for breakfast. After Don and my dad, returned from running a few errands, my Dad got to watch Alexxis make her chocolate bunny sing and dance, while she danced with him. After visiting, she passed out kisses and hugs and my dad {her great-grandpa} told her should could come back and dance for him anytime! She's so adorable!

We returned home, played for a bit, then ground up some coffee beans for her Mommy! She had a blast using the hand grinder and helping to put the ground beans in a plastic baggie. For lunch we ate grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. My how she loves tomatoes! She couldn't get the soup in her fast enough, but having it in cup that she could actually drink out of made things a lot easier, not to mention enjoyable! {She's definitely my grand-daughter with the tomato loving thing!} My mom used to tell me I should be born Italian! as I so love tomatoes and pasta!

Anyways, not much going on today... I plan on resting and relaxing for a bit while Don works on cleaning up his garage. I'll be mailing out Lisa and Kate's packages on Wednesday as Don works tomorrow. I also hope to have some art to post soon.... Until then... TaTa!

No comments: