Tuesday, March 04, 2008

CED 2008 ~ Recent updates


On Monday, Don and I took a road trip to Columbus, Ohio where we did a bit of shopping for some items to spruce up our home's decor. I've been desiring to add something to the space above our headboard and had previously considered using wall words, although I was undecided on what quote to actually use. So, when I stumbled up DCWV's Once Upon a Wall vinyl lettering with this beautiful, heartfelt quote, I knew it was perfect! I put it up on the wall today and couldn't get over how easy it was to apply and how elegant such a simple thing makes our bedroom feel! I believe it reflects our love for one another so beautifully and truly says it all!
Yesterday, I did more puttering about our home, cleaning out kitchen cabinets once again. Where does all the clutter and odd ball stuff that seems to accumulate there come from? It seems like I just did this a short while ago... After cleaning, straightening, mopping our hardwood floors, I set my sights on creating Don and I a wonderful dinner of homemade beef and noodles, brown and serve rolls, and a cheesecake for dessert. Dinner and Don's company was heavenly!
Lately my mind and my heart has been geared towards determining what and how I want our lives and home to feel, to be, to become. I'm excited about the upcoming Daylight Savings Time change. I'm so ready to "SPRING forward!" My thoughts and to do list keeps growing as I begin to focus on the changes I desire to make personally {like losing the 10-15 lbs. I've gained during January's carb craving; sprucing up my own personal appearance; and some personal things like eating healthier, excercising more, and focusing a bit more on ME!}
I'm looking forward to making some necessary home repairs and decorating our house for Spring and summer. I'm looking forward to Easter, hopefully spent here in our home with Amber, Chris, and Alexxis and have probably purchased too many items for Little Miss' Easter basket.
I'm looking forward to spring cleaning our yard, extending our outdoor space once again out onto the rear deck, and cannot wait to actually get my hands in some dirt! I also want to begin focusing more attention to our home's curb appeal. We've made a lot changes over the past several years, removing the old chail link fence that once surrounded the front of our property and the new fence is installed along the west and northern edge, so now I'm ready to begin to tackle the front porch, the walkways, and add some plants and foilage I love the promises Spring brings into our lives and am so ready to get to working on all these things. I know my hubby is too. Now to determine what it is exactly that we desire and making plans and going through the motions to achieve them.

No comments: