Thursday, March 20, 2008

CED 2008 ~ Reign down on me...

I'm so loving playing and experimenting with these watercolors so much that I've decided to create a couple more pages. The paper I'm using is Canson's Aquarelle that I purchased some time ago and never really got around to using. Lately, I been feeling both a blessed and a bit of guilt regarding having so much and never using it to its fullest potential. It sort of reminds me of, well, ME.
Just following my heart wherever it decided to take me on this journey of self-exploration, I created this page. It's a lot softer in the color scheme as I darkened it just a bit for viewing here on my blog. My journaling reads, "Every so often my thoughts & my days are dark... like storms clouds that threaten to rain down on me. Usually, these feelings come when I feel let down, either by myself or others. There's a sense of sadness, hurt, and disappointment. Maybe even fear, frustration, and anger. I dislike these qualities in myself, although I do realize their vital to growth.
While at other times in my life, nothing precedes those moments. Well, perhaps the exception that good old Melancholy herself has come for a visit. I used to truly dislike those days, wishing somehow, someway, I could simply WISH them away.
Now that I am older, I am beginning to understand their importance in my life. God never promised me days without heartache and pain... but He did give me wisdom, knowledge, and the strength to get through them."
{*I hope reading my words doesn't bring anyone down. Clearly that is not my intention. My intention is to get in touch with the reality of my feelings, put them in a new light, gain an entirely new perspective in which I'm dealing with what I feel more positively.}
Thanks for looking and reading.....

1 comment:

Lisa Renéa said...

WOW! What a beautiful watercolour!
Truly I've seen the sky appear this way several times this week. Great journaling!