Friday, July 11, 2008

CED ~ 2008 - Remember the "ROW HOUSE Swap"

I've been working on and constantly talking about? Well, today, I finished up my pieces. I have to tell you, that "roof" line was a killer! It is actually constructed of 6 different pieces, a backing piece, each of the four separate pieces, and the last is a cut of with each of the "windows" cut out and adhered over top! Shhheeesssh! I was beginning to believe I'd never get these done, but I prevailed and today, I'm so happy to say that they are finished!!! Here's a sampling of some of the different images that I used:


And this is the one that started it all! I created it with that "roof line" and I fell in love! So, I kept this one to add to my "Almost Daily Journal" {it fits the back of another house shape perfectly}. Anyways, I tried several other house tops, but none compared to the beauty that this one had, so I put in all the blood, sweat, and tears to create seven of these beauties!



Today, was the due date for the Row House Swap to be received, but a few of the participants have had unexpected life events happen that couldn't be helped so I've been a bit more understanding. The ladies that I am participating in this swap with, as their hostess, are some amazing artists and the ones that I've received to date are also "drop-dead gorgeous"! I cannot to wait to show you what they've created.

3 comments:

Lisa Renéa said...

Cathy! These are outstanding! When I first glanced at the pics, I thought WOW, Tudor houses! So cool! Thanks again for hosting & all you hard work!

Sue McGettigan said...

These are lovely Cathy - can't wait to see one in person :)

Dymphie said...

So very gorgeous. Lucky row house swappers :)