Saturday, July 26, 2008

More "lofty" thoughts and ideas....


Obviously, this is two photographs of the same item in the shoppe... it's a wreath, totally decorated and hung in a very unconventional way. I loved this concept and once again my whirled... I don't know about your home, but within ours we have several lighted ceiling fans, utilized mostly to assist circulating our window air conditioning during the summer and to cool us off just a bit during the winter months.


What I never considered was decorating them up during the Christmas season, well, at least not until I saw this! Wouldn't it be fantastic to add some greenery or garlands to decorate them and perhaps even change the votive shades? Our shades within the kitchen are all white so perhaps I wouldn't have to change them, perhaps just the light bulbs to a lower wattage bulb... and with the pull on the fan pulls so that no one accidentally turns the fan blades on!

Another thought was to utilize this wreath idea my granddaughter's, Alexxis's nursery here at Grandma's house. Wouldn't she just love going off to dreamland with "visions of sugar plums" dancing in her head with one of these gorgeously decorated wreathes strategically placed over her crib? A few well placed ceiling hook and a fabric covered electrical cord hung just out of her reach...

No comments: