Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ideas for "Inside and Out"...

Is there a woman alive who doesn't love images of Christmas villages displayed with beautiful lights, sugar coated and snow flocked feather and brush trees?Well, what about adding a few battery operated or solar powered garden lights, a crystal cake plate, and those beloved garden cloches? Isn't this just wonderful? I also loved the white lights strung behind a sheer piece of fabric... simply magical, I tell ya! Perhaps a wonderful idea for window decorating... with a table strategically placed and decorated in front of it...hmmm...



Here's yet another inexpensive idea that's absolutely breath-taking! A large cylinder style glass vase, a candle, a shimmery and shiny garland, and anything Christmas related adorning the exterior of the glass! Is there any one of us who doesn't have a glass vase, a set of apothecary jars , or even a set of wine glasses?! This idea could certainly be implemented in a variety of ways and scale. From creating a focal point on table, mantle, or a clutter of them utilized as a centerpiece or lining a dining room table...



I don't know about you, but I feel in love in with this beautiful chandelier! It wasn't over-priced by any means at $124.00, but what I was amazed at was how elegant just adding a sprig of greenery made this sing, "home for the holidays!" What I didn't capture within this photograph were some of the most beautiful hand-blown glass holly and berries napkin rings. I tell you, those were so adorable!


And isn't just too adorable? As soon as I rounded the corner of this room displayed with gift baskets, I spotted this lovely "leopard love" lamp! Of course, I just had to photograph it for one my favorite interior decorating blogging friends, Rhoda, @ http://southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot.com/ Girlfriend, you've got to create one of these lovely leopard shades complete with a black boa! It's perfect for your own home decor! although I wasn't certain if it was for sale...



Next up, was this beautiful Victorian lamp post decorated with yet another Christmas wreath. The lamp post in our front yard isn't this elaborate but I've always desired to decorate it for Christmas. Doing so for our December wedding last year was the first time I ever got to experience such beauty. Seeing this reminded me of one of my lofty goals of cleaning it up and adding a new coat of black paint. Isn't it gorgeous?


If you look closely near the bottom of this image, you can see how the store is designed in two stories... each and every nook and cranny is filled with something creating an amazing "Winter Wonderland!"

1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Cathy, thank you for showing me the really pretty leopard lamp. So cute & of course, I love it. I think I have enough around the house now & I'm trying to pare back the feathers & beads for the most part. It must have been fun to see all of that in person, I do enjoy Christmas decor so much, although at about 90+ degrees right now, I'm SO not in the Christmas spirit yet. I saw a lot of Christmas items at the Atlanta market recently & it's just so hard to wrap my head around that this time of year.

Thanks for sharing!

Rhoda