Friday, September 12, 2008

CED ~ 2008 - Slowing Down; Catching My Breath..


First of all, I want to say, "Thank You" to someone whose friendship has become so very special to me over the years. I first met Lianna of http://llamatales.blogspot.com/ a few years ago by hanging out at Two Peas In A Bucket rubber stamping board. Over the years, we both had joined a Yahoo group, and we began sharing our lives, our adventures, as well as our passions for stamping. We've participated in many swaps together, brightening the lives of those around us, as well as enlightened and brightened by the gifts of art shared with us.


On Wednesday, I was out in my studio, loving just being back in the zone of creating, when in walked my hubby with a package in his hand, and announcing "Mail Delivery" with his sweet grin. I knew I hadn't ordered anything so I had no idea what treasures awaited for me within the contents of the padded envelope, but I couldn't help but feel as if the angels in heaven were singing out their sweet refrains that I was exactly where I was meant to be at that moment! With shaking hands, my heart pounding with the excitement of "what can this be!" I opened the package to discover a treasure trove of unmounted stamps!!!


Lianna had recently been to a stamping convention with a mutual friend and had purchased an entire bucket of unmounted stamps!!! She decided to share some of her treasures with me because she knows I love birds! Isn't that sweet? Thank you so much, girlfriend! I'm flattered and so happy to call you my friend. Your thoughfulness touched me in so many ways and I look forward to incorporating some of those images in my Forbidden Knowledge Altered Book. I can't wait to show you where it is going as I continue to work on creating it and adding in the book's contents.

Yesterday, was a lovely day for me. I spent a lot of time, online, browsing some of my favorite blogs, leaving comments here and there. I sometimes feel guilty when my time is short and my To Do List is so long, that I neglect the friends who I love to visit. It felt great to take Lisa advice to slow down, put my feet up, rest and relax, and I even allowed Don to take me out for dinner! Returning home, I sat down and re-read a lot of these books. With pen in hand, I underlined my favorite parts, wrote notes to myself in the margins, and explored a side of myself that I've truly been missing. After spending a hour or so, I felt inspired to write on the pristine white pages of my sketchbook and wound up just allowing my soul to tell me about the direction it desires to go with Forbidden Knowledge. I made some sketches as the ideas came to me, one sparking another and leading me on to yet another one. I love those moments, when inspiration strikes and your not even looking for it! I have so many more thoughts and ideas that it felt as if my mind would explode if I didn't jot or sketch them in fast enough!!!

I also spent some time remember, September 11, 2001. I offered up prayers to the families, friends, and love ones affected by Terrorism attack on America. I remember where Don and I were, how we heard the news, and couldn't believe our eyes when the images of the day began pouring in on every station on our TV. I remember burning my hand that day by being pre-occupied as I removed the lid from our slow cooker and later feeling so guilty for the relief of the pain after I medicated, wrapped, and bandaged my wound when so many others were possible alive and trapped within the rubble of what once was. And I cried again, shedding tears of pain, of heartache, of frustration for the world in which we live, and I prayed some more for God to be with each and everyone of us the entire world over. May his presence bless you and yours today and always.

No comments: