Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Wonderful Trip to the "Duck Pond"...

No matter season we're in, Don and I love to visit Kingswood Center in the Ontario/Mansfield area. It's been one of our favorite places to visit year after year and I honestly never imagined seeing it through the eyes of a child as I got to experience it last Sunday. When Amber called to see if could "sit" with Little Miss while the went to do some shopping and have dinner out, I couldn't help but to say, "Yes!" although I had no intentions of sitting at home. You see, ever since Alexxis was born, I always imagined that one day we'd share the magic of Kingwood's with her... it was simply a matter of her growing older so she could truly enjoy its beauty, just as we do and last Sunday, our dreams came true!
Here's Alexxis and Papa after feeding the ducks. I wish I could have captured her actually feeding them, but you can see we had a tight rein on this wild child's arm. She was so excited, we worried she fall into the pond!

One last look, before we venture on....


As we enter the gardens areas of the park, it's easier to give Little Miss some "free reigns". She enjoyed running, walking, exploring around the next little corner or what awaits up the next set of steps...

As she slowed down to enjoy nature's beauty, I was able to capture a few photographs of her and capture her curiousity of all the wonders of nature we were viewing.

At least until something else captured her attention and we were "off and running" again!

No comments: