Friday, October 03, 2008

Autumn Nesting and other news....

As the weather turns colder here in Ohio, my thoughts and actions still think about Autumn Nesting. It's hard to believe that just earlier this week, I was out on our deck, enjoying the sunshine as I painted a $2 yard sale find and a gift from a friend. Now, I'm snuggling underneath anything I can find trying to stay warm! It's definitely time to start thinking about and re-organizing those closets and dresser drawers so that we can pull out those blue jeans, long sleeved T's, and comfy sweathers!

On Sunday, Don and I met up with our wonderful friends, Jim and Rosella for lunch at the the Tin Duck Bar and Grill. It's been a while since we've seen them so it was great to find the time to get together and catch up!

Afterwards, we made a trip to Kohl's where I purchased myself a couple new pairs of pants. I finally decided to stop struggling with not enough blue jeans to get through the week because I want to lose some weight and would love it if I had some jeans that would fit me then! Wouldn't you know I'd find two pairs that I love {a pr. of bootcut jeans and a pr. of brown cords} and both pairs of them will require hemming! Is it no wonder that my "To Do" list never seem to end?
I, also couldn't resist, picking up Little Miss a pair jeans, two long sleeved T's, and a hooded long sleeved fleece pullover. Did I tell you that she'll be starting Preschool two days a week? I cannot get over how fast she seems to be growing up! Wasn't it just yesterday we sat in the rocking chair singing her lullabyes? What do I mean "Preschool"???

It seems Mommy has become a bit concerned over Alexxis' inability to get along with other children. Alexxis is very "Me & Mine" oriented and a bit of bully when it comes to playing with other kids. But aren't most 2 1/2 year old this way? Anyways, since Mommy was concerned she arranged for a Preschool teacher to come into their home and assess Alexxis' learning level. It seems she is above where she should be for her age development but believing Alexxis would benefit from being with other children in or near her own age group {socail development}, Alexxis has been accepted!

So, last week, her Daddy and I visited her new preschool. We got to see her classroom, meet the teachers, observe the children in a very structured for their age environment, and I think this is going to be a good thing! She will be transported back and forth to preschool on a school bus and she'll have a wonderful opportunity to learn so much more that any of us have time for! Not that we don't work with her, just its more of that "re-inforcing what she's learning" thing...

On Tuesday, it rained and that autumn chill was certainly in the air. As I sat inside, curled up on the couch with a good book and a throw, I kept noticing myself shaking off the cold. Finally, not being able to stand it any longer, I decided to turn on the heat, grumbling, the entire time. I'm really not ready for those higher gas bills! As I passed by our home's front window, I couldn't help but to notice how fast the trees in our front yard are turning! The weight from the rain has strewn colorful leaves all over our yard, saying it's definately "Fall, Y'all!" which encouraged me to create this:
See where I've laid my newest craft creation? It's a bit hard to see that it spells "blessings" but the color of the cardstocks I'd chosen certainly help to bring the autumn color outdoors - well, indoors! Using the freshly-painted black candlesticks, a friend gifted to me, I created another centerpiece for our kitchen table. The pumpkins were $1 find at The Dollar Tree and those beautiful gold, glittered roses are from our wedding! Aren't those gorgeous?
The pears, grapes, and flowers are fakes, but those apples are real!

While I worked on clearing out and cleaning our laundry area {another on-going project}, I discovered this previous $4 yard sale find and moved it out onto our coffee table. Won't it be wonderful to be able to sit down after dinner, with a warm cup of whatever, and enjoy a game of this {There's a checkerboard on the reverse side.}:

After all the cleaning was done, I got to work on painting this previously ugly brown cabinet in our laundry room. I cannot begin to tell you how long I've waited to do this! For some time now, I've been thinking, pondering, searching for ideas and I finally believe that I've found my laundry room decorating answer! Little by little the clues began to revealed themselves... a paint color chip here, a shelving idea there, and accessory idea there, and a craft project there, a fabric sample from here,... and a place to store some of own home's accessories here.

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning, but I'm excited as I embark on yet another new journey! Just wait until you see what I have planned!




No comments: