Sunday, January 18, 2009

Playing with my Cricut; making some designs & cards...

After contacting Provo Craft, I was able to re-install my Cricut's Design Studio software. Still a bit uncertain regarding all the capabilities that the Cricut has, I've been doing some research, reading, and learning along the way, and I must say, "Thank You" to those of you who have taken the time to document your settings, your cartridges, whether or not you use DS or SCAL and/or Inkscape and are sharing your knowledge with others. Thanks to you, I'm learning!!! and today, I created my first design using the weld function. The cartridge I choose to use is the Home Decor cartridge and I used the fleur de lis and the scalloped circle from that cartridge. To ensure that my fleur de lis' were the same size, I took advantage of the copy/paste function after sizing them to the desired size. Here's my first finished design using the negative image:




Next, I created this card using one of the rose cutouts.
And last, but not least, my card for Sue!!!

The colors are way off on this card for some strange reason. I assure you it isn't this bright and vibrant in person. I knew I wanted to use the bird, but opted to put him on a scroll vs. one of the branches. The sentiment came easy to me as I caught myself muttering "Oh Shit!" under my breathe each and every time I walked passed the Vintage Collage Mingle that I'm extremely late in getting sent. Somehow, it seemed to be the perfect sentiment for the card! TFL!





No comments: