Friday, January 30, 2009

Tri-Panel Display

Over the course of the past several days, I've been back to working on this Tri-Panel display. I'd previously created this tri-panel structure {measures 5"x7"} using chipboard and twill prior to decoupaging over it using Daisy D's Attic Heirlooms printed papers and adding in a whole lot of distressing! I chose Michele's scallop stamps {Purple Onion Designs} to stamp on printed paper, that was later chalked or ink prior to trimming and being used to create a border, shown in the photograph below:

The swirls {Home Decor cartridge} were cut using cardstock in the Cricut and chalked/inked.
I created another paper rose to adorn the top panel's oval opening. I added one large Burgundy button, tangled around a few loose color-co-ordinating threads, and viola! Before I knew it, I was measuring another panel, choosing more stamps to use and thinking of even more design ideas!!!
On the first panel, there's two layers of Daisy D's Heirloom printed papers. The first layer is stamped using black india ink and my favorite Quietfire Design rubber stamp... "And the day came when the pain of remaining tight in the bud was greater than the the risk it took to open." by Anais Nin and here's a bit of trivia for ya! Guess who submitted that quote to Suzanne Cannon for it to become written beautifully in calligraphy style and made into a rubber stamp? Yep! You guess it! Yours truly! Anyways, while creating this piece, I knew I wanted a lot of layers, textures, and depth, so I cut out yet another piece of that fabulous paper, tore a section out so that the stamped image below would still be able to shine through. I set some small red eyelets, then went digging in my silk ribbon stash to find this wonderful green dyed ribbon that I laced through prior to adhering everything together. Along the bottom is a few more stamped images vintage family, a paperbacked clear button, and a handwritten foreign text.
It's sort of hard to see all that clearly in this photograph, I'll capture another close up later on as I continue to work.

Inside the oval, I used several layers. One layer is a light tan card stock, that I distressed, of course! The second layer is actually a textured paper from a stationery set that I stamped the Vintage Girl with Book image {Rubber Cottage}, then used Tim Holtz's Tea Dye directly to the paper. After adhering the image layer to the tan layer, more distressing ensued before adhering the image in the opening of the oval. Pop dots were used to raised the top panel over the solid surface below.
I'll post more photographs as I continue to work on this project... until then!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Cathy~

I'm so glad you came by~ I just love your crafts and the little goody bag you made is~ ABSOULTELY ADORABLE! I've been buying homemade cards from my little 'junk' store I visit ( often ) and I just love them.

I hope to hear from you again real soon~ I will definitely be back for a visit.

Hugs~ J